[Insight-users] Interpolation Volume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 2 19:07:47 EST 2009

Hi  Gupt,

Yes, just do the following:

A) Load the 2D slices into a single 3D image using the
     itk::ImageSeriesReader,

B) Connect the image an ImageInterpolator
     The typical choice is the itkLinearImageInterpolateFunction class,
     (but you can also use NearestNeighbors, BSpline and
      WindowedSinc, it is a trade-off between computation time and
      interpolation precision)

C) Take all the points from your surface model and for every
     point call the method:

       PixelType  pixelValue =    Interpolator->Evaluate( point )

    and then assign that pixel value to the corresponding point
    in the surface model.

  Please let us know if you run into any problem.