[Insight-users] vnl_generalized_eigensystem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 2 19:45:12 EST 2009

Hi Liu,

Your observation is correct.

The VNL class

     vnl_generalized_eigensystem

has not been wrapped inside an ITK class.

Your best option at this point is probably to use the
VNL class directly.

Please note that if you have ITK matrices, you can
get their equivalent Vnl matrices by calling the method:

     matrix.GetVnlMatrix()

You can as well, assign a Vnl matrix to an itkMatrix
with an expression such as

    itk::Matrix<double, 3,3,> mm;
    mm = vnlMatrixAA;

or using the constructor, as in:

    itk::Matrix<double, 3,3,> mm( vnlMatrixAA );

of course, assuming that their dimensionalities are consistent.

For an example of the use of

    vnl_generalized_eigensystem

you may want to take a look at:

Insight/Code/Common/itkBloxCoreAtomPixel.txx

in lines 217-218 and 283-284.