[Insight-users] mask on fix image and moving image

Xi LIANG liangxi1986317 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 03:05:18 EST 2009

Dear all,
My moving breast MRI image (without ribs) is a sub-region of the fix image (with ribs). Without using any mask, the output image is generated by using DeformableRegistraion8.cxx in the sample code. However, the output image shows some rib like shape, which is undesirable. I am thinking to use mask to fix this problem. There is an example in ImageRegistration8.cxx which apply FixImageMask in the Metric.
My question is when should I use mask on fix/moving images, and how this can prevent the output image has extra "ribs"?
I also guess that the linear interpolation could also be the reason, but not sure.
Regards,

Xi