[Insight-users] getting an flat picture from dicom volume

Hadi Rezaee hadi_rezaie at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 16:25:16 EST 2009

Dear all,

i've made an volume from a series of dicom files via
itk and i can simply show the volume with vtk by using
itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter without any problem.

What i want to do is to specify a line on the volume
and save the flat picture.

let me clear my self. let's say i have 50 dicom
images. after i made the volume from these images, i
want user to give me two points on the top image that
i will show him ,for example: X= 10,10 Y=40,40 . by
specifying a line on a picture i want to get the flat
picture from volume and save it to a file.
this flat picture should be produce from 3d volume by
scanning all below layers.

please help me, it is so urgent.