[Insight-users] Compile ITK - 3.10.2 (patch 1) - Win64 : GCC_XML

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 5 08:59:28 EST 2009

Paulo Henrique Junqueira Amorim wrote:
> 20>Compiler "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
> 9.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of
> MSVC 6, 7, 7.1, 8 is installed.

There is a bug in this error message.  It should be looking for Vc9 too.
  I'll fix that.

I think the real problem is that 64-bit gccxml does not look in 32-bit
registry entries, so it does not see the VS installation.  This is an
issue with the way MS implements support for both 64-bit and 32-bit
applications.  An application without knowledge of the mechanism only
sees registry entries for applications built with the same 'bitness'.
I'm working on a fix to teach gccxml where to look.

>> //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for CableSwig.
>> CableSwig_DIR:PATH=E:/CableSwig-ITK-3.10.0/BINARY_VC2005

Meanwhile, try building CableSwig with a 32-bit compiler version.

-Brad