[Insight-users] Image Orientation Filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 9 11:54:15 EST 2009

Hi Pascal,

I would suggest you to use the itkResampleImageFilter.

*if* the directions in the images are set correctly,
You should be able to do this with an itkIdentityTransform.

Simply set the direction of the Output image to the orientation
that you want your output to have, define the parameters of the
output image grid (origin, spacing, number of pixels along x,y,z).

and pick an interpolator.

The process should be very straight forwards.

Notice that you will have to calculate carefully the origing
of the output image to make sure that it is located in the
same extent of physical space as the input images.

Making a diagram in physical coordinates, of the extents
from each one of the images (including their orientation)
will make things a lot clearer.