[Insight-users] [insight-users] 3D sequence registration .

marco giordano marco.giord at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 06:03:14 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am doing a registration of a 3D temporal sequence that consist of 40
frames (Vol1 .... Vol40).
.
The sequence shows the contrast uptake in vessels and human tissues
and during the sequence some squeezing and non rigid motion occurs .

Normally I register all the frame ( Vol2 ... Vol 40) to the first
frame (Vol1) or use a concatenation of registration (register VolN to
Vol(N-1)registered)

For such kind of problem I heard that the Mutual Information is the
most suitable metric.

In fact a metric as meansquaredifference would try to minimize the
difference in intensities, but the intensities are already different
for
the fact that contrast changes the intensity in each frame.

So far I tried:

-DemonsAlgorithm DeformableRegistration2.cxx (registration is good but
the some changes occur in the intensities )
Anyway I do not undestand what kind of metric is used here and for
what kind of motion is most suitable for this algorithm

-Bspline with Mutual Information DeformableRegistration8.cxx ( here
strong motion is not completely removed ).

I wanted to ask if anyone has suggestion on how to carry on and if
there is some parameters that can be changed
e.g:

-the grid spaces etc.
-number of iteration
-the optimizer

Any help would be appreciated

PS: I would like to cite ITK whenever the results are suitable for an article.

Marco G.