[Insight-users] Fwd: Seed Value for CollidingFrontsImageFilter

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:10:35 EST 2009

Bryn, Dan,
  Dan is right, seed values are directly passed on to the two fast
marching filters,
therefore the arrival times of the two fronts will have an offset
according to the
seed value you use. However, the filter than takes the gradient
vectors of the
arrival times of the two fronts (in order to take the dot product
between them),
so any offset brought in by the seed values is effectively canceled
out by the
the gradient operator. Hence, you get no change by changing seed values.
Hope this clarifies it.
Best regards

Luca

On Feb 12, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Dan Mueller wrote:

> Forward to Insight-users (with attachments removed to avoid bounce).

Luca Antiga, PhD
Head, Medical Imaging Unit,
Biomedical Engineering Department,
Mario Negri Institute.
mail: Villa Camozzi, 24020, Ranica (BG), Italy
phone: +39 035 4535-381
email: antiga at marionegri.it
web: http://villacamozzi.marionegri.it/~luca