[Insight-users] How to get the image dimension and pixel type

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Feb 12 11:13:38 EST 2009

Hi Wei,

Please look at the Insight Journal paper:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/146

You will now find this Image IO helper classes under

     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

as

           vtkKWImage.cxx
           vtkKWImage.h
           vtkKWImageIO.cxx
           vtkKWImageIO.h

In your case, you don't really need the ITK-VTK interface part,
but, looking at the code will help you see how you can write
Readers and Writers that can manage multiple pixel types and
image dimensions.

    Regads,

       Luis