[Insight-users] threshold at output of CollidingFrontsImageFilter

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:40:02 EST 2009

Hi Bryn,
  in vmtk I keep the threshold fixed to -10 *
collidingFrontsNegativeEpsilon, but if you come up with a smarter
threshold, just let me know.
Keep in mind that colliding fronts was created to initialize level
sets or deformable models. It's handy because it selectively
initializes branches without side branches, but it may not be very
accurate in catching the location of the boundary of the vessel (this
very much depends on the image quality - if the signal in the vessel
is high, it can do a pretty good job).

Last, you might be interested in knowing that if you add

fastMarchingFilter1->SetTargetReachedModeToOneTarget();

and

fastMarchingFilter2->SetTargetReachedModeToOneTarget();

in itkCollidingFrontsImageFilter.txx the filter will run sensibly
faster.

It's in my todo list to add this as an extra option to the filter in
ITK.

Best regards

Luca

--