[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] Coda ITK

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Fri Feb 13 15:43:53 EST 2009

My lab currently makes heavy use of acceleration on the Cell, and we are
looking to do more with CUDA (hopefully OpenCL as it matures).  Our take is
that accelerated code works best next to, and not inside ITK.  For instance,
run an ITK pipeline, grab the output into some CUDA code, process using
CUDA, then back into ITK.  This paradigm works quite well, though you'll
have to manage the pipeline updates manually.

This way ITK is used for what it's best at, and CUDA/OpenCL is used for what
it's best at.

$0.02,
-dan

On 2/12/09 2:19 PM, "Hua-Mei Chen" <huameichen0523 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen several discussions on this issue before in this emailing list.

My impression is that it is not possible or very difficult to combine CUDA

and ITK for now. All I can say is that CUDA indeed is able to give you a

significant speedup, but it strongly depends on the quality of your CUDA

codes.

Chen