[Insight-users] error when resampling the CT data to Isotropic

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 17:53:30 EST 2009

Dear All:

I am trying to resice the CT data to Isotropic, and the program I am using is ResampleVolumesToBeIsotropic.cxx for the ITK filter example.

My input data is called SE1.hdr
the space resolution is 0.7*0.7*2.5.

After I run the program, I got the output.hdr. The number of voxels and the spacing of the output are correct after I check the result at MRICro. But all the voxel has the default outside value. Seems after the indentity transform, all the voxels are out of range.

Also I output  the SmootherY results, it is ok.

Can any body let me know what happend? How to check the value of transform.

/////////////////////////////changes I made on the code
typedef   short  InputPixelType;

intensityWindowing->SetOutputMinimum(   0.0 );
  intensityWindowing->SetOutputMaximum( 1200.0 ); // floats but in the range of chars.
typedef   short   OutputPixelType;

and some writers to record the interval output.

I also checked the results using NII as input and output, the resliced image contains all background value. I doubt the problem happend at the

 typedef itk::IdentityTransform< double, Dimension >  TransformType;
  TransformType::Pointer transform = TransformType::New();
  transform->SetIdentity();
  resampler->SetTransform( transform );

Can somebody help me to figure out this problem??

Thanks

Baoyun