[Insight-users] how to use Neighborhood iterator properly

Ming Chao mingchao2005 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 19:53:26 EST 2009

Hi all,
I am learning how to use neighborhood iterator and apply it to study a toy
model. I found the following:

when looping the neighborhood iterator, it still acts like the regular image
iterator, ie, running all pixels. This feature is not what I feel like.

My toy model is like this:  I have a 2D image with, say, 4X4 pixels. I
randomly assign gray values 0 or 1000 to these 16 pixels. For those with
1000, I try to put those which has at least 1 common side (1-connectivity)
and count how many of these connected pixels. I thought neighborhood
iterator would be ideal in this study.

If you anyone can help me out on either neighborhood iterator or the toy
model, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ming