[Insight-users] ITK 3.12 : Scheduled for Feb 28 2009

Ivan Macia imacia at vicomtech.org
Sat Feb 21 07:15:38 EST 2009

Hi Luis, all,

I dont know if this could be an outstanding issue or we are doing something
wrong but for us it is. Since version ITK-3.10 and on, we are not able to
load a single CORONAL or SAGITTAL slice with a simple itk::ImageFileReader
for a 2D image. An exception is always thrown in
itk::ImageBase::ComputeIndexToPhysicalPointMatrices()
complaining about the direction matrix being singular. This prevents us to
switch to ITK-3.10 or future ITK-3.12 since our ITK-based software stopped
working correctly.

This was posted in the developers list some time ago but unfortunately got
no answer this time :(
See detailed description here.

You can test this with ImageReadWrite example in ITK-3.10.1 by loading a
single coronal or sagittal slice. This works in ITK-3.8.0.

Can anyone please try to reproduce this error? You can find 2 DICOM files,
one sagittal, one coronal that fail here
http://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d3K3BKQk5tMEtGa1E9PQ

I have set ITK_USE_ORIENTED_IMAGE_DIRECTION ON in CMake, but I think this
should still work with this setting isn't it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ivan