[Insight-users] ITK 3.12 : Scheduled for Feb 28 2009

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Feb 21 19:16:27 EST 2009

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for pointing this out,
and thanks for sharing your images.

As described in the bug report, the offending code is in the
ImageFileReader.

We are looking at options that would result in a reasonable
behavior.

The challenge is that:

    a) When reading 3D Direction cosines into a 2D image,
       we only keep a 2x2 matrix. This matrix doesn't really
       map to 3D space

    b) The current code manually modify the matrices to
       satisfy the restrictions of the Analyze file format,
       but it doesn't address all the cases

    c) The naive solution of setting the directions to an
       identiy will result in an orientation that is not
       supported by Analyze.

We are looking into this...