[Insight-users] Using TGA format

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:45:37 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 6:38 AM, sara al kady <sara_alkady at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've looked if ITK supported TGA file format and I found that I will have to
> use itk::RawImageIO but in the ITKSoftwareGuide it said that it is not
> recommended to be used with medical images, So I wonder if there is any
> other solution to make ITK support TGA ?

No ITK does not support TGA. And just to avoid any further
misunderstanding you should definitely NOT use itk::RawImageIO for
reading TGA as file format allows footer, color map and compression
(AFAIK).
I would simply use the convert command from imagemagick package to
convert it to another lossless format such as a RAW or TIFF.

2cts
--
Mathieu