[Insight-users] Subsampling an Image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 24 09:33:17 EST 2009

Hi Ted,

The difference between "Supersampling" and "Subsampling"
become irrelevant when you use the itkResampleImageFilter.

All that matters is defining the spacing of the output image
correctly.

Please read the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular, section 6.9.4 "Resample Image Filter"
in pdf-pages 254-284.

If you are interested in "sub-sampling" which, again,
is simply "Resampling" with an output spacing that is
larger than the input spacing... then, please look at
the file

     Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                       SubsampleVolume.cxx