[Insight-users] how to get average distance value from IterativeClosestPoint3.cxx registration

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 09:51:28 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am starting to use ITK's ICP registration algorithm to register two point
clouds. I was wondering how I can get the average distance value after the
registration converges. Because ICP is sensitive to the initial alignment,
so I was hoping to start the ICP registration at multiple initial starting
point and perform ICP registration for each of those starting point. Because
only one "correct" registration is possible, I hope to use the converged
average distance value from each registration to pick the one with the
smallest value as the "correct" registration.

Thanks for help!