[Insight-users] Copy Image Region to a Larger Image

slorentz professor_rumsdiegeige at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 11:09:46 EST 2009

Hello!

I try to do the following:I have two images. The first one is called
"ResultImage", and the second one is called "ImageToAdd". I want to add
everything of "ImageToAdd" that is not visible in the first frame to
"ResultImage". So, first I compute the registration parameters:

// compute optimal registration parameters
registration->SetFixedImage(  ResultImage );
registration->SetMovingImage( ImageToAdd );
registration->SetInitialTransformParameters( initialParameters );
registration->Update();

ParametersType finalParameters = registration->GetLastTransformParameters();

Then I'd like to copy the new part of the image "ImageToAdd" in order to
have "ResultImage" + the new part of "ImageToAdd"... I tried this:

ImageType::SizeType S = (ResultImage->GetLargestPossibleRegion()).GetSize();
ImageType::PointType O = ResultImage->GetOrigin(); //O[0] -= 40;
resampler->SetSize( size );
resampler->SetInput( Y );
resampler->SetTransform( registration->GetOutput()->Get() );
resampler->SetOutputOrigin( O );
resampler->SetOutputSpacing( ResultImage->GetSpacing() );
resampler->SetDefaultPixelValue( 50 );

// this should be the new, stitched image
ImageType::Pointer Z = resampler->GetOutput();

// write the result to a file
typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType > WriterType;
WriterType::Pointer wt = WriterType::New();
wt->SetFileName("test.bmp");
wt->SetInput( Z );
wt->Update();

but it doesn't really work.... Is the way to use the resampling filter
correct at all?

Regards,
Sabine Lorentz