[Insight-users] LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration

Joe (Churl) Park churlpusc at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 17:12:21 EST 2009

Hi, Everyone,

I've recently jumped on ITK boat for a medical registration purpose. I'm looking at intra-suject, multi-modality rigid-body registration. After experimenting with ITK examples and applications, I found that among all I've tried, the imageregistrationtool works the best ( the pc exe version ).
I know its source codes are in the ITK application/LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration folder. No matter how I tried, I just can't compile successfuly the codes using MS Visual Studio 2005. Therefore, I tried to read the code and make up mine version. It worked in some case but failed in others. Well, the imageregistrationtool always worked.

In trying to read the code, I am curious of initialization part:
the code seems to resample the input moving image to the exact dimension/spacing of the fixed image. Beside that is there anything else happens? such as transformation: centered the volume? etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Joe