[Insight-users] Re sample Filter without deleting existing pixels

Andreas Schuh andreas.schuh.84 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:16:45 EST 2009

Hi Sabine,

actually I'm not sure if you know what the resampling filter is doing.
Definitely no pixels get overwritten when appling this filter. This
wouldn't be a resampling anyway. The default pixel value is just set
for the outside where no image information is defined by the input
image. In fact you want to apply a (rigid?) transformation to the
input image. Afterwards you may want to resample the transformed
image. But don't know if you really need to.

In case of a rigid transformation you just need to transform the
origin and direction of the image and set them manually. In case a non-
rigid deformation consider using the WarpImageFilter. You could also
apply this filter with a rigid transformation while making use of the
TransformToDeformationFieldSource, I guess. However, just transforming
the origin and direction should be preferred.

--
regards
Andreas

Am 26.02.2009 um 18:46 schrieb slorentz <professor_rumsdiegeige at yahoo.com