[Insight-users] AreaOpeningImageFilter

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Feb 27 11:14:19 EST 2009

Hi David,

Le 27 févr. 09 à 16:24, David Pastor a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I encountered some problems using this filter. First, the output
> image even when it is templated to be unsigned char has a size twice
> the input image (seems that it uses short as pixel type).

How do you measure the image size? Is it the produced file size?
Can you add a

   output->Print(std::cout);

in your program, where output is the image produced filter, and post
the result here? It would let us check the pixel type used.

> Also, the result does not look very consistent. The opened image has
> brighter elements than the original one, which is weird as the
> opened image should remove small bright peaks flattening the image.

Maybe because fo the rescale performed on a 16-bit images by your
viewer?

The images used in the tests looks like what I would expect from this
kind of filter:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Testing/Data/Input/cthead1.png?root=Insight&view=markup
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Testing/Data/Baseline/Review/itkAreaOpeningImageFilterTest0.png?root=Insight&view=markup

Regards,