[Insight-users] Different tags after GetMetaDataDictionary(Array) and SetMetaDataDictionary(Array)

Stéphane CALANDE scalande at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 05:41:54 EST 2009

The ones that changed :

File Meta Elements Group Length
Media Storage SOP Instance UID
Transfer Syntax UID
Implementation Class UID
SOP Instance UID
Study Instance UID
Series Instance UID

Others tags existed in the original file et disappeared in the new one...
and the contrary

For example, in the original file, I've a lot of tags like that :
> 00E1-****
> 01E1-****
> 01F1-****
> 01F7-****
> 07A1-****
> 7FDF-****

They all dispappeard in the new one.

And in the new one, I can see the following new tags :

> 7FE0-0000
> FFFE-E000
> FFFE-E00D
> FFFE-E0DD

I also encountered an other problem.

I have to send the generated DICOM file to the hospital network
The software that send the file to the network parse all the DICOM tags, but
it doesn't support the tags having a length of "-1" (undefined length I
think...)
So : when I send an original DICOM file, it works ! (no "-1" length), but
when I send the new generated DICOM file, it doesn't work because of the
"-1" length.

I suppose that the appearance of the "-1" length in a tag is a consequence
of get/setMetaDataDictionary...

The tag that causes the problem is a tag of the group "0008". (I d'ont know
the element) I mean that tag had a defined length BEFORE and has a undefined
length (-1) AFTER.

Do you see what I mean ?

Thank you very much Mathieu,

Stéphane