[Insight-users] Get/SetMetaDataDictionnary with a image croped on the Z-axis

Stéphane CALANDE scalande at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:56:21 EST 2009

Hi itk-list, hi Bill,

I've learnt that when you create a new DICOM file with
writer->SetMetaDataDictionnary(***dictionnary_of_other(s)_Dicom_File(s)***),
the dicom header of the new file was adapted in the image of the writer...
For example if the original DICOM image (from the reader) is 100x100 and the
image you put in the new DICOM file (writer) is 50x50 pixels, the tags
"Rows" and "Columns" will be adjusted to 50 and 50. (It's not a simple
copy/paste of the header)

Fine ! :-)

But I'd like to ask you a question about a particular case.

Let's take the example of DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWriter.cxx (dicom
serie).
But suppose that I modify the image during the process, and before creating
the new Dicom File : I crop the image on the Z-axis... The Dicom serie has
50 slices, but I do a crop on the Z-axis and I keep only the 25 first
slices.

What about the dicom header of the new DICOM file ? (after
writer->SetMetaDataDictionnary(***dictionnary_of_DICOM_Serie
1->50***))

Will it be right ?

Do I have to manually change the tags "Number of slices" ?
Do I have to give, as input dictionnary, the MetaDataDictionnary of the
DICOM Series 1->25 (instead of 1->50) ?

Do you understand the question ?

Mathieu Malaterre told me that Bill answered a similar question a few
days/weeks ago but I didn't find the post...

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Stéphane

PS: in fact, in order to modify the "SeriesDescription" tag, I use
Get/SetMetaDataDictionnary*Array* but I suppose it doesn't matter...