[Insight-users] Mutual information registration

Yankam Njiwa Josiane Adrienne njiwa at biomed.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 12 11:13:39 EST 2009

Hi together,

I would like to perform rigid registration of 3D data sets using mutual information as similarity criterion. I used ImageRegistration2.cxx and try to extend it to 3D. I have the following mesage error:

sampled point mapped to outside of the moving image

Do somebody where the problem could came from? I change the dimension to 3D and add an InitialParameter as follow:

typedef RegistrationType::ParametersType ParametersType;

ParametersType initialParameters( transform->GetNumberOfParameters() );

initialParameters[0] = 0.0; // Initial offset in mm along X

initialParameters[1] = 0.0; // Initial offset in mm along Y

initialParameters[2] = 0.0; // Initial offset in mm along Z

Thanks a lot to have a look on my problem with regards,

Josiane.