[Insight-users] how to debug ITK program--diffeomorhpic demons at example

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 13:08:47 EST 2009

Dear Luis and All:

I am trying to debug cmake based ITK program. And I took diffeomorphic Demons (dowload for ITK journal) as example see attated file.

I then build ITK and diffeomprohic Demons in Debug model. I can run the diffeomporphic demons, but I have some trouble to go inside the sub-function at here

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

switch ( imageIO->GetNumberOfDimensions() )
{
case 2:
DemonsRegistrationFunction<2>(args);
break;
case 3:
{
float a1=(float)2;
float a2=(float)3;
add_them(a1,a2);
DemonsRegistrationFunction<3>(args);
break;
}
default:
std::cout << "Unsuported dimension" << std::endl;
exit( EXIT_FAILURE );
}
return EXIT_SUCCESS;

add-them(a1,a2) is small code added by me, I can go inside add-them(a1,a2)  by step or setting breakpoint, but I can not go inside
DemonsRegistrationFunction<3>(args) in either way. The program will run till finish.

I tried DDD and gdb, can any body tell me what happened.

Thanks

Baoyun