[Insight-users] Image to Spatial Object Metric

Antonio Foncubierta antonio.foncubierta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:19:30 EST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to develop a Model Based Registration Method, and I started
using the example mentioned by the Itk Software Guide and included in the
3.6 version of Insight: ***ModelToImageRegistration1.cxx***. I have been
trying to adapt the example to work with my data: 3D Images. Achieving that
was not a big deal, but I started to struggle when I wanted the Transform to
be an itkAffineTransform, which includes a scale change. The example
explicitly says that the SimpleImageToSpatialObjectMetric is designed
considering no scale changes, and it says it right, because the metric
doesn't work as I required. (It does work as expected, though).

So my main problem now is finding a way to define a metric that maximizes
both the ****number of Spatial Object Points inside the Image**** and the
****Spatial Object Volume****. The first one is easy, as it is exactly what
the above mentioned example does, but I haven't found a way to compute the
Transformed SpatialObject Volume.

And that's why I ask you if any of you have found a similar problem and how
did you solve it. Also, if any of you know a not-as-simple metric which I
could use.

Thank you in advance,

PS: The explanation migh be very blurry, so if you don't undersrtand
anything of it, please, just ask. I'd rather repeat things in a different
way, or attach images to not having help at all ;)

Antonio Foncubierta