[Insight-users] Insight-users Digest, Vol 57, Issue 37

Dan White white at mpi-cbg.de
Mon Jan 19 10:18:28 EST 2009

Hi Curtis

On Jan 16, 2009, at 7:59 PM, insight-users-request at itk.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:16:37 -0600
> From: "Curtis Rueden" <ctrueden at wisc.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Bio-Formats integration with VTK/ITK
> To: insight-users at itk.org, insight-developers at itk.org,
> 	vtkusers at vtk.org, 	vtk-developers at vtk.org
>

> Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice and comments. It sounds
> like the
> ITK ImageIO plugin mechanism is the way to go, and will avoid any
> licensing
> issues. My plan remains to create a general C++ wrapper layer for
> Bio-Formats, which will be usable by any C++ application, then once
> that is
> working to implement the ITK I/O plugin using it.

That sounds fantastic. I'm sure plenty of others, including us at
BioImageXD
will be able to make good use of that.

> So applications will have
> a choice whether to access Bio-Formats directly, or via ITK. I will
> post to
> the list again when I have a prototype functional enough to be of
> interest.

Great, looking forward to trying it out!

your attention to this problem is very much appreciated.

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk