[Insight-users] DICOM Image spacing with GDCMImageIO

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 03:48:05 EST 2009

Matthias,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Matthias Keil
<matthias.keil at igd.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> I had a similar bug reading a single file DICOM volume. Instead of reading
> the correct spacing from the DICOM header, it substituted the spacing by
> (1,1,1).
>
> It's probably the best to upgrade the GDCM that is used in ITK.

First thing first, thanks for your support, but:

1. I am not the one holding back the upgrade,
2. You can do it on your side using ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM(*),
3. The bug reported by Aaron happen when user loads in a new Enhanced
Multiframe object where the slice thickness is incorrectly stored in
the file and spacing need to be recomputed from the individual Image
Position Patient of each slice contained within the file.

Could you please tell us more about your issue (DICOM object, Tag
Value...), what tool did you use that lead to this conclusion

Mathieu
(*) http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gdcm/index.php?title=ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM