[Insight-users] simplest way to find the zero level set ( no evolution necessary)

quantumLeaf quantum.leaf at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 26 07:55:29 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to use ITK to find the zero level set of an implicit function.
I want to find a list of points about the zero contour so that i can perform
a numerical integration over it.
I've been reading the manual and looking at the level set methods in ITK.
These methods seem to be more complicated than i need since i dont wish to
evolve the embedding function in ITK.

It trying to implement the method described in
'A Variational Approach to the Evolution of Radial Basis Functions for Image
Segmentation'
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~quynh/papers/Slabaugh_RBFevolution_CVPR07.pdf

The function is a sum of RBFs. Once i can do the integration over the zero
contour of the current state of the field i can evolve the RBF parameters.

How can i use ITK to get coordinates along the zero level set of my
function?

if anyone reading can see some conceptual mis-understanding or problems in
my approach, please let me know.

best regards,

Liam