[Insight-users] Computing PCA

jordi inglada jordi.inglada at cnes.fr
Thu Jan 29 12:58:40 EST 2009

Dear all,

I would like to use the itk::ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator class in order to
compute the principal components of a multi-band image. At first, it seems
that the result is OK, but when comparing it to a commercial package (which
I assume to be validated!) we don't get quite the same results.

In order not to draw erroneous conclusions I would like to be sure that the
outputs of the class are the ordered PCs: Output 0 is PC1, Output 1 is PC2,
and so on.

I was also wondering if the fact that ITK uses the inner product instead of
the outer product could induce numerical errors.

Thank you.

Jordi