[Insight-users] updating softwareguide ?

asamwm asamwm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:04:58 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,
since this is all in the spirit of open source community,
part of whose growth is credited to people from the
community, why not create agree on an architecture
for community-based documentation where everyone
who participates in developing/evaluating/using a filter
can contribute to the wiki. The journal is a stepping
stone but the more detailed, elaborated documentation
would be the wiki.
There would be fixed sections such as:
general purpose (what problem it attacks, image examples)
advantages / why this one ,
known disadvantages (why not),
how it works (optimization),
same category as in (list of other filters)
see also (broader area)
code snippets
pitfalls

I know one concern is to be careful not to misinform,
but this is the beauty of open source. The community
will correct falsehoods with time. Besides, this does
not need to replace the itksoftwareguide since
that one is specific to the basics.

Just my 2c.
I do not know how everyone feels about this.
Please share.
Regards.