[Insight-users] 2d images defined as itk::image<type,3>

Maarten Beek mbeek at sri.utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 2 14:33:44 EDT 2009

I wrote classes to convert Amira's HxUniformScalarField3 into Itk's
itk::Image and vice versa.
I hard-coded the dimension of the itk::Image to 3 (since Amira's class
represents a 3d image as well).

However, I have noticed that some itk filters don't work correctly after
converting a 2d HxUniformScalarField3 (e.g. one slice) into an
itk::Image<type,3>. I think this has to do with the iterators in Itk
(these are templated over the dimension as well).

Is this true and is there some work-around to get every
HxUniformScalarField3 (2d and 3d) converted into a itk::Image<type,3>?

Thanks - Maarten