[Insight-users] ContourExtractor2DImageFilter in python

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jul 3 06:06:15 EDT 2009

Le 3 juil. 09 à 05:51, Rick Giuly a écrit :

> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to get a contour as a list of points from a binary image
> of a blob. I'm assuming that ContourExtractor2DImageFilter is the
> easiest way to do this, considering what filters are available in
> python. extractor.GetOutputs() returns a DataObjectPointer, I'm not
> sure how to access the individual elements of this in python. Could
> someone advise?
>
> (I will need to access each of the contours and each of the points
> in each contour.)
>
> Thanks
>
> -Rick
>
> ----
>
> import itk
>
> ImageType = itk.Image[itk.F, 2]
> ReaderType = itk.ImageFileReader[ImageType]
>
> reader = ReaderType.New(FileName = "data/A.tiff")
> image = reader.GetOutput()
>
> ExtractorType = itk.ContourExtractor2DImageFilter[ImageType]
>
> extractor = ExtractorType.New()
> extractor.SetInput(image)
> extractor.SetContourValue(100.0)
> extractor.Update()
> print extractor.GetNumberOfOutputs()
> print extractor.GetOutputs()
> # how should I access individual contours?

Hi Rick,

I think you should be able to access all the outputs with the expected
types with

   [extractor.GetOutput(i) for i in
range(extractor.GetNumberOfOutputs())]

If you are using wrapitk from googlecode, you can also dow cast a
DataObject to its real type with

   itk.down_cast(obj)

or to a specific type with

   itk.PolyLineParametricPath[2].cast(obj)

Please let me know if it fix your access problem or not.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)