[Insight-users] CT and MRI Image Fusion Query regarding Multi Planar Reformation

Albert King albert.king84 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 12:31:16 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to perform Image Co registration (fusion ) of CT and MRI dicom Images .Considering my registration as rigid registration (translation , rotation and scaling) I have fused a single slice of a CT amd MRI using Image registration 8.cxx.I have the following Queries.
	1. CT data set is obtained from the scanner at a different angulation from that of MRI (i.e . the way we acquire CT data set is different and the way we acquire MR data set is different).Do I have to perform Multi Planr reformation of the CT datatset to match  the MRI angulation .
	2. CT data set Matrix Size is of 512 x 512  and MRI data set Matrix Size is 256 x 256.Do I have to rescale so as to avoid mis registration.
	3. Choosing the right values of different parameters for satisfactory registration is a tricky job.How to overcome this problem.

Please Help.Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Albert