[Insight-users] Problem with DeformableRegistration4.cxx example

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 7 17:17:01 EDT 2009

Hi Motes,

Yes, we are calling for technological crisis by relying on very old
FORTRAN source code that is not maintained nor supported by an
active community.

At some point these basic numerical methods would have to be
rewritten by living programmers.

Unfortunately this is one of those basic infrastructure tasks
that doesn't seem to be appealing to "novelty-driven" funding
agencies.

     Luis