[Insight-users] RGB Input to ImageFileReader defined with 'unsigned char' type ?

Sharath Venkatesha sharath20284 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 15:58:55 EDT 2009

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for the information.

I got the doubt as my results change in the two cases (though by very small amount, initially ), i.e with and without using  itkRGBToLuminanceImageFilter.
I feed the input images to registration filter, and the output parameters of registration change (in second decimal values) per iteration.

And over multiple iterations of the optimizer, I get a change of 2-3 pixels in translation parameters, and the angle also changes by 0.5 degrees, for a particular set of input images.  All the other parameters involved remain constant in both the cases.

I want to know the correct method to follow.

Thanks,
Sharath Venkatesha