[Insight-users] Re : 3D Fourier Descriptors in itk? please help! how to get outer voxels of the segmented object?

Marion Rizet marion.rizet at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 9 05:51:03 EDT 2009

Hi Luis and thank you for your reply...I thought I will never get an answer.

sorry about my bad presentation of the question.

1- I have a volume of a segmented object (3D image) and I would like to compute the 3D fourier descriptors of the voxels which are located on its surface.

2-Now I 'm facing another problem which is how I can extract the surface voxels?
A possible way is to use triangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter but since I have already a volume I don't want to extract the surface and then convert the extracted surface to an image. Is there any fatest way to get the outer voxels of the segmented object without converting it to a mesh?
hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks
Marion