[Insight-users] Getting segments after using watershed filter

David Doria daviddoria+itk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:49:57 EDT 2009

The watershed example produces a beautiful segmentation of my image, but I
can't figure out how to get something to the effect of a vector of binary
masks, one for each segment. As an example, say there was a very simple
image of a circle and a square. I'd want to know which pixels belong to the
background, which pixels belong to the circle, and which pixels belong to
the square.  I saw a post from 5 years ago that sounded like you have to dig
into the internal hash table of itkWatershedSegmentTable. Is this still the
case? Does anyone have an example of separating the regions after the
segmentation?

Thanks,

David