[Insight-users] extracting a subvolume from a larger volume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 10 10:22:43 EDT 2009

You may also want to look at

     itkRegionOfInterestImageFilter

You will find an example at:

     Insight/Examples/IO/
           ImageReadRegionOfInterestWrite.cxx

The difference between the "Extract" filter and
the "RegionOfInterest" filter is how they compute
the Origin of the output image, and what Index
the use for the Start of the output image region.

The Extract filter produces an image whose Origin
is the *same* as the input image, and whose Start
index is the one that the user provides as the beginning
of the region to extract.

The RegionOfInterest filter produces an image whose
Origin is computed as the Physical Coordinates of the
Start index of the region to extract, and uses as Start
index of the output image the set of zeros.