[Insight-users] Compiling ITK with GCC 4.3.3 - Solved

Panagiotis Foteinos pafotein at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:55:41 EDT 2009

Hello yall.

I have recently upgraded from the legacy GCC collection to GCC 4.3.3.
Actually, my (new) linux distro has GCC-4.3.3 by default. What I did not
remember is that the new g++ compiler does not recognize the deprecated
stream headers, simply because, these headers are not installed in the new
linux distributions.

Due to the lack of these deprecated stream headers, when the compiler used
is of version 4, the compilation of the newest ITK release fails.

The problem is solved, however, when the following line is added in the
CmakeLists file (before the CONFIGURE_FILE command):

    INCLUDE(TestForANSIStreamHeaders)

I hope I helped someone facing the same problem.

Regards,
Panagiotis