[Insight-users] Image offset is giving bad pointer for large datasets (7Gb)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 10 12:45:50 EDT 2009

Hi Kana,

This is normal,

    ...although I must admit that it is confusing.

When configuring ITK for Visual Studio 2008 64 bits,
the name of the build is still "Win32-VS9"

(It is so in my build as well).

You may want to bring this issue to the CMake users list.

I would speculate that the string results from the
current ambiguity on Windows, related to "win32"
symbols.  For example, when building on 64bits,
the WIN32 symbols is still (normally) defined.
and all the standard libraries still have the "32"
string:

Like in:

   kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
   shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib
   comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib

It would seem that in general, the use of the Win32
strings were thought to mark a separation from the
old 16-bits architectures, but there was no after
thought that one day 64 bit platforms will exist.

Again,

Please bring this up in the CMake users list.

You will be more enlightened answers there.