[Insight-users] Building Insight hangs...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 13 09:18:46 EDT 2009

Hi David,

Building ITK with the "development version of GCC" is an
adventurous endeavor.

           We praise you for your courage !!

         The world needs more people like you.

but we question whether we should pursue any efforts to
get ITK to build with a development version of a compiler.

We are already quite busy getting things to run with
existing compilers, and probably we shouldn't spend time
with anything different from official releases of compilers.

For all we know, this may be a bug in that day's SVN version
of gcc ...    :-/

If that makes you feel better, we didn't got that far either
with the alpha version of Visual Studio 10.   :-/

---

Unless you are interested on submitting a Nightly build of
ITK with a Nightly build of GCC, then we probably will focus
our efforts on official releases of GCC (and any other compiler).

     Best Regards,

         Luis