[Insight-users] Image offset is giving bad pointer for large datasets (7Gb)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 13 13:01:51 EDT 2009

On 7/13/09 12:04 PM, Michael Jackson said:

>> 	This looks like an absolutely massive effort you are attempting
>> here. I have grepped through the iterator classes are there alot of
>> incorrect usages of long:
>>
>> itkImageRegionReverseConstIterator.h:    m_SpanEndOffset = this-
>> >m_BeginOffset - static_cast<long>(this->m_Region.GetSize()[0]);
>
>So that is a "bug" and should be corrected. This effort will help get
>rid of those.. I hope. Turning on -Wall may help track those down a
>bit easier but with the size of the code base of ITK there is going to
>be a large effort to track those down.

-Wall won't help, it's enabled on many nightlies and gives green dashboards.

This reminds me of when I tried to turn on gcc's -Wshorten-64-to-32
(only in Apple's fork of gcc IIRC).  There were zillions of warnings,
most legit, but most requiring many many changes, including to public
APIs.  There are many explicit casts as well as many implicit casts that
need fixing.  It would be a massive effort.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com