[Insight-users] Examples wiki

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:41:39 EDT 2009

My concern is that these examples would not be compiled, regression
tested, valgrind'ed, style checked, etc. Will they compile on all
platforms? If we can come up with mechanism to test them, then it
sounds like a good idea.

I looked at one example on the vtk wiki:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Get_the_names_of_all_of_the_data_arrays
A few things I noticed:
1) It uses hard tabs. This code could not be checked into the itk repository.
2) main uses exit() rather than return().
3) It creates a vtk object with ::New, but does not do a Delete().

1) would be caught at checkin.
2) might be picked up as a warning by one of the itk compilers.
3) would be detected by valgrind.

Bill