[Insight-users] about itk examples

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:42:06 EDT 2009

> I am beginner to ITK and i tried to run the examples found in your site. Its
> under Examples/DataRepresentation/Image.
>
> i configured it in VC++ and it is successfully configured but when i try to
> compile Image1.cxx, it gave the error like this:
>
> 1>------ Build started: Project: data representation, Configuration: Debug
> Win32 ------
> 1>Compiling...
> 1>Image1.cxx
> 1>c:\users\yufei
> shen\documents\itk\insighttoolkit\examples\datarepresentation\image\image1.cxx(181)
> : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled
> header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
> 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Yufei Shen\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2005\Projects\SuchitaTesting\data representation\data
> representation\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> 1>data representation - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
>
> I'm wondering why I got this error ? How to solve this error?
>
> I hope you can help me with this.

Does not look like you are using cmake to generate the project file so
things will be harder for you.

This error is a common error with Visual Studio as a windows
Programmer for over 12 years I have had it myself several hundred
times... Do exactly as it says. I mean add '#include "stdafx.h" to
each source file.

John