[Insight-users] Rigid ICP

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 14 12:56:37 EDT 2009

Hi David,

The Rigid3DTransform class
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Rigid3DTransform.html

is intended to be a base class for

 Versor3DTransform
QuaternionRigidTransform
Euler3DTransform

The Rigid3DTransform itself should not be used in a registration process.
(think of it as an Abstract class).

Please chose one of the specific transform above.

You may want to start with  the

 QuaternionRigidTransform or the
 Euler3DTransform

About your second question:

Yes, Having a PointSetTransform filter sounds
like a reasonable request.

Actually it would be pretty easy for you to create
this filter from the MeshTransform filter, and to
share the resulting filter by posting it to the
Insight Journal.

Please let us know if you need any help identifying
the necessary changes.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+itk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bitk at gmail.com>