[Insight-users] Image offset is giving bad pointer for large datasets (7Gb)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jul 14 17:10:53 EDT 2009

On 7/13/09 3:00 PM, Luis Ibanez said:

>this is indeed that same problem of truncating 32 bits to 64 bits.
>
>I don't see another option different from biting the bullet and
>fixing the many occurrences in the code... It is not fun, but large
>images are one of the few certain things in our future, and
>pretty much all computers sold today are 64 bits.
>

>A tempting option is to follow the approach we used for fixing
>the Coding Style:
>
>                Working directory by directory.

That is a good approach.  I also had an additional idea (non-
conflicting).  Remember the various itk<foo>HeaderObjCxxTest.mm files we
created to ensure that the reserved word 'id' was not used in any public
ITK headers?  We could create a new test named itk64CleanHeadersTest.cxx
that contains no code but simply includes various ITK headers
(especially public ones).  For file only, we could enable the -
Wshorten-64-to-32 warning flag.  Slowly but surely we could include new
headers to that file and catch any regressions wrt to that warning flag.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com