[Insight-users] Java+VTK+ITK usage

Hatice Dogan hatice.dogan at deu.edu.tr
Wed Jul 15 06:55:47 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am new at the using of ITK and VTK. I wrapped ITK and VTK for JAVA and everyting is OK now.  But i read that it is not possible to use vtk/itk together with java.
Is there a way to connect ITK and VTK with JAVA?

Also I was trying to read a DICOM series using the GDCMSeriesFileNames, but i think  this class doesn't  exist in the Java wrapping.
Do I have to wrap it myself or is there any way to get access to the class in Java ?

I'm using the following code:

itkGDCMSeriesFileNames nameGenerator =
itkGDCMSeriesFileNames.itkGDCMSeriesFileNames_New().GetPointer();

Single Dicom images work fine in Java, but series seem to be a problem...

Thanks
Hatice