[Insight-users] Cross-compiling (lazy way) doubt

Arturo Caissut arturo_caissut at tiscali.it
Thu Jul 16 11:30:24 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm doing some ITK cross-compiling test with CMake, my aim is to build
all of my Win32 compatible software from a GNU/Linux desktop. I created
on my computer a Windows virtual machine that I run with VMPlayer, just
to test the software I make, but since I had to compile some urgently
needed pieces of software I decided to do it with Visual Studio on these
virtual machine. In order to compile them, since they are ITK-based, I
had to build Insight libraries before. Now that I'm reading about
cross-compiling with CMake, I learn how it's necessary for me to have a
copy of ITK libraries compiled for my project target machine on my
GNU/Linux machine to do so.
Would it be wrong to just copy the ITK build tree I made from my virtual
Windows system to my beloved GNU/Linux one and use these libraries for
cross-compiling? Maybe cross-compiling ITK libraries for Windows and
store them somewhere on my GNU/Linux system would be a better idea?

Maybe it's a silly question, but it's my first cross-compiling
experience and I wouldn't like to waste too much time in cross-compiling
again and again InsightToolkit just to discover I could easily copy it. :-)

Best regards,
Arturo Caissut